Shop Small for the Holidays & Beyond –
I know Christmas is only 2-3 days away depending on when you are reading this but I want to introduce you to some of my favorite shops. These are small women (and men) run places of business but we should all support and shop small at sites like these all year-long. Not only are you more likely to find something unique but as a business woman as I am sure many of you are as well, it feels so much better to shop small and support these women who, just like us, are getting by doing what they really love. Keep reading to see the gift guide which is 100% clickable BTW, but I want to also give you a bit of background on these amazing sites!
- HorseFeathers Gifts – This Brass Mood Ring is definitely the grown-up version of a piece of jewelry you might have worn as a child. It’s so gorgeous and Chelsea Farmer, the designer/ owner since 2009 has so many amazing options I just want to wear a different ring on every finger. Plus every month, a portion of sales goes to helping animals find homes. How amazing it that?!
- Alexis Drake – The Roundabout Tote is my favorite piece for sure but you may remember I also featured this company in my Men’s Gift Guide and the bag I featured there is so cool for Chandler! Also, when you join their email list you get 15% off your first purchase and free shipping! Alexis Garrett is the driving force behind these amazing deconstructed leather goods and man are her pieces beautiful.
- Hop Skip Jump Paper – The Step Away From the Computer print which you can get unframed, framed or in canvas as well as in multiple sizes is the perfect item for those of us who need a reminder to take a break once in a while. The owner started this business after her first son was born and the response was so great she expanded into greeting cards, sports, travel themed art and more.
- M is for Monster – I love the idea behind this company! I actually have a few Level 3 projects but am saving them for one of Jaxon’s Christmas presents. These projects come in 3 levels and are not only fun but educational too. I can’t wait to get started on one and I’ll be sure to take photos and share our experience with you guys!
- Revol Roots – My New Normal Tank. If you have kids then this is the shop for you. Husband and wife team Mystie and Joseph run a small screen printing business right out of their home. Having two children of their own, they really know how to make cute and hilarious t-shirts. Remember the “Boy Maker” shirt in my Gift Guide for Men? I love it because we have two boys and my chance of ever having a girl is very, very slim if you know the science behind how the sex is chosen (made).
- Adornlee – Follow Your Heart Makeup Bag. I linked to two items from Adornlee because I love this site so much! I have a makeup bag as well as one of their totes. These pieces are so well made and cute as hell! Heather, the owner and founder really knows what she’s doing.
- Wrenn Jewelry – Rainbow Druzy Ring, how freaking gorgeous is this piece?! The designer Alissa is extremely talented. After making jewelry since she was a child she decided to go full-time with it in Spring of 2011. After she went through some health issues that you can read about she added some big changes to Wrenn Jewelry this year such as adding a very cool 5-free (free of the five most dangerous ingredients that are linked to cause cancer) nail polish line that is vegan and cruelty free. The colors are also inspired by their druzy stones, I have my eye on “Better off Red” and “Uncorked“.
- Maimoda Jewelry – The Choker Adora is just one of many, many items I am dying to add to my collection. Maimoda is based on the island of Oahu in Hawaii. The designer Mai is so very talented and only uses recycled precious metals in her unique pieces. What started as a hobby became a full-blown business venture after a kidney disease caused both of her kidneys to fail. Being on frequent dialysis meant she had more time on her hands and Maimoda Jewelry was born. Her story is also very incredible!
- Adornlee – Daydream Believer Canvas Tote
Now head on over to these amazing shops run by incredible people! Let’s all shop small a bit more everyday!