Have you heard of Shipt? It’s a pretty incredible grocery delivery site with a super amazing app. Here in Birmingham you can order your groceries from Publix, Whole Foods, Western Supermarket and now Piggly Wiggly! Most people pick their grocery store based on the closest location. While Piggly Wiggly is already the closest to me, with Shipt.com I can now save so much time doing my ordering from home. Since joining I haven’t had to go on a single grocery run.
I am not much of a cook. But what I do like is following recipes to try something new. I maybe have three dishes I can put together well and that’s why I love recipes, especially those from one of my favorite cookbooks The Fresh 20 by Melissa Lanz. Together with the Shipt app I save money and time which is better spent expanding the dishes I can create for my family. In this cookbook it’s divided by season so every dish in those sections recommends recipes with seasonal produce. So in my Summer Menu there was a recipe for Balsamic Zucchini-Ricotta Rolls. If you scroll to the bottom you will find a printable recipe so you can make them at home. Oh, and my entire family loved them, even my picky 6-year-old! Just order the ingredients you need in the Shipt app or on the website. That’s what I love about Shipt. When I head to the grocery store myself I end up throwing a bunch of unneeded items in my cart, mostly crap that is definitely not good for me or my family and we wasted money That’s why it’s so much easier to go through Shipt rather than making your way to the store yourself, especially for those of us that have young children…you know exactly what I am talking about. It allows us to spend quality time with our families which more than ever has become a precious commodity. I highly recommend you try Shipt.com and the Shipt app yourself! You will definitely not regret it!
Balsamic Zucchini-Ricotta Rolls with Brown Rice
Soaking the zucchini in balsamic is what makes this recipe special. The caramelized effect once grilled is simply heavenly.
Credit: The Fresh 20 by Melissa Lanz
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices (about 5 slices per zucchini)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, plus more to taste
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cups prepared brown rice
- Preheat a grill to high
- Toss the zucchini in the balsamic vinegar and let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Lightly brush the zucchini pieces on both sides with the oil. Season with the salt. Arrange the zucchini on the grill in one layer and cook for 3 minutes per side, or until it is soft with golden-brown grill marks. Remove from the grill and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese with the pepper, 1 tsp of the lemon zest, the lemon juice, and the basil.
- Spread a layer of the ricotta mix over one side of each zucchini slice. Roll up each slice from one end to the other and press to seal.
- Serve the zucchini rolls over the brown rice.