I don’t know about you but I love a good Staycation! Sure these images of beaches and palm trees are nice but we can’t always get away, what we can have is a vacation right in our own backyard. So today I want to talk about how to have the perfect staycation and reiterate the importance of Hawaiian Tropic® Silk Hydration® Weightless Face Lotion.
First, make sure you have all of your favorite swimsuits on hand. Even if you aren’t at the beach you still want to look your best! So I am showing off a few of my favorites and a cover-up throughout this post all from Swimsuits for All. They have so many cute options for every shape and size, you will definitely want to check them out! And when I talk about looking our best this includes making sure you have sunscreen on hand like my favorite, Hawaiian Tropic® Silk Hydration®. If you haven’t yet seen my post on “Six Ideas for a Summer to Remember” be sure to check it out for more on this incredible sunscreen. We all know how important this product is whether you are on a vacation, staycation or at home. It’s an absolute must for everyday use, especially if you don’t want to end up looking like a raisin. So use it! Before I get into the rest of my staycation tips I want to remind you why Hawaiian Tropic® Silk Hydration® is my favorite sunscreen.
- Not only are they protective, they are super indulgent.
- Provides broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection.
- Contains hydrating ribbons of luxurious silk protein and Shea Butter.
- Hawaiian Tropic® Silk Hydration® Weightless Face Lotion pampers with 12 hours of moisturization, leaving skin soft as silk.
- Designed to thrill senses with luxurious formulas, exotic island botanical ingredients like plumeria, guava, passion-flower, papaya, mango and aloe.
- Hawaiian Tropic® Silk Hydration® Weightless Face Lotion features a unique, breathable formula that feels weightless on skin.
Now onto my tips for the perfect staycation. Just like if you were on a regular vacation make sure you set those email replies to “Out of Office”. Sure, you will have your phone but make sure it’s only for taking fabulous photos of your fabulous staycation! Same with taking phone calls. Unless it’s an emergency you are not available!
Take time to get to know your city! Sure you live there but I bet you haven’t seen every exciting thing. Get out there and explore! Check out a local museum, take a bike ride, find a new restaurant, there are so many great things about our own cities that is yet to be discovered! Above I am wearing The Mastermind Tiki one-piece.
In the photo above I am wearing the Kate Tie-Dye Maxi Dress. Take time before the start of your staycation to plan your ULTIMATE day. Have your husband or partner do the same and make sure you put both into action. Plan it down to every last detail and MAKE IT HAPPEN. When else can you have that kind of day? Also, check out a local hotel. In my opinion there is nothing better than a stay in a fabulous hotel, with room-service of course!
I am sure there are plenty more tips out there but I am going to end this post with a list of the Ultimate Staycation Essentials! Tell me in the comments, what makes your perfect staycation?
- swimsuits (above is the Swimsuits for All Director Bikini)
- cover-ups like the one below (Kate Maxi Dress)
- sunscreen, especially Hawaiian Tropic®
- a beach cruiser would be amazing though a lot of towns have bike rentals
- Turkish towel
- a kite, how fun is that?!
- super cute hat
- a yoga mat (when else are you finally going to try?)
- sandals and sneakers
- Finally, don’t forget to keep your camera’s battery charged!
I’m sharing Hawaiian Tropic in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™ #AlohaTherapy